NARS: Gipsy.

You know that feeling when you find the perfect lipstick? One that just seems to flatter you so well that you vow to wear it every single day? 
I think I've found it.
Gipsy by NARS is described as a "sheer warm berry" shade, however I would say that it looks like more of a warm, earthy, brick-colored red. Either way, the warm undertones are perfect for me because I have very olive skin, and usually it's difficult for me to find a shade of red that's flattering and isn't a true shade of red.
The texture is sheer, so if you're looking for color that doesn't exactly "pop" you can wear this without lip liner. The only downfall to this is that the lipstick itself doesn't have very good staying power. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the sheer consistency so I'll throw a red lip-liner underneath ("Cherry" by MAC seems to do just fine.) 
I usually struggle with lipsticks as I have a very small, curvy mouth. However the consistency of this lipstick is creamy so it applies beautifully -- I don't think I've ever applied a lipstick that was so easy for me to hit every little curve of my lips. 
The entire line of NARS lipsticks come in 32 shades and are infused with vitamin E to keep lips moisturized and the lipstick's color locked into place. Each shade imparts a semi-matte finish so that lips are looking velvety and full-bodied with a sheer finish.

Have any of you tried Gipsy? Or rather any lipstick by NARS?

34 comments

  1. i still didn't nars lipsticks ;(

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of this shade, great brand too!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nars for their lipsticks, they are fantastic and this is such a pretty shade x

    Beauty with charm | AVENE GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nars products. It looks great on you -Hanna Lei

    Latest Post: How to Wear a Pleated Skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried a Nars lipstick before, but you are rockin' that red lip!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love the look of this shade, I've wanted to try the Nars sheer lipstick formula for a while :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lipstick colour! <3

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks great. I never tried a Nars lipstick. :)

    Jasmina Di, x. | The Fashion Spell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding the perfect lipstick is one of the best things ever! This looks gorgeous, would make a perfect shade for this time of year!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really lovely! I only have a couple of Nars lip pencils, but I'm sure the lipsticks are just as good! :) Love your blog!
    Emma xx

    www.wellemma.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous shade! Never tried Nars lipsticks before! x

    www.beckieeschle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. NARS lippies are amazing! Love this one, girlie! Super pretty shade & it's definitely a great recommendation. Thank you for following me on Bloglovin' and stopping by my blog. You are always welcome ;)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love nars! i have yet to try it! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo love Nars.. I'll have to check this shade out!

    xx Sam | The Heart of the House

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Nars lipsticks they are so moisturizing with great staying power! :) xo~ Lena
    www.felinecreatures.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried gipsy but it looks like a really nice shade and it looks great on you!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Nars lipstick!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. very pretty shade :)
    http://serenesparkle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Nars Audrey and it's the best lipstick ever tried. The color, the formula, the pigmentation...I love it!
    Claudia
    Http://claudia-overtherainbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This does look so gorgeous on you - I've only tried one or two bits from NARS, never their lipsticks though x

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful shade! You look stunning in it.

    Stephanie | www.stephykeung.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The color looks gorgeous on you. And you are lovely, dear
    xoxo
    Liza
    Liza’s Corner l Instagram l Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you like to follow each other on GFC ? Let me know, dear

      Delete
  23. NARS truly stepped their collection up this year. 2015 was a win for them. Their lipsticks are such a great formula. One of my favorite lipsticks is from their line, Deborah, and I always get so many lovely compliments. I hadn't seen Gipsy before, but next time I go to Sephora I'll swatch it to see how it looks on my skin tone.

    Z · HELLOZAUNI.COM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely colour ! Really suit you :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anna is one of my favorite lipsticks from Nars. This color looks so gorgeous on you!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  26. This lipstick looks absolutely stunning. Great selection!

    http://themeticulousperfections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this colour on you, it really suits your skin tone and hair! Love the semi-matte finish too!
    Lx
    Elle Bloggs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this colour on you, it really suits your skin tone and hair! Love the semi-matte finish too!
    Lx
    Elle Bloggs

    ReplyDelete
  29. This colour suits you so well. I love Nars lipsticks. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete