Intent.

I feel that starting my mornings in a positive way sets the tone for my entire day. Beginning each morning with positivity sets the foundation for the way I live my life. I strive to begin each day consciously and turn it into a precious ritual of morning inspiration.
I start with this beautiful intention from the Dalai Lama:

"Today I am fortunate to have woken up,

I am alive.

I have a precious human life,

I am not going to waste it.

I am going to use all of my energies to develop myself,

To expand my heart out to others,

and achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.

I am going to have kind thoughts towards others,

I am not going to get angry or think badly about others.

I am going to benefit others as much as I can."

By definition, an "intention" is an aim or a plan -- a deliberate articulation of a conscious goal. The above intention consists of small, daily goals for yourself: to be grateful, to make the most out of your day, to give love, and to be open-minded. By acknowledging how you desire to feel, you can enter any situation with a whole new sense of being. The classic Vedic text known as Upandishads states that "You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny." By embodying your daily intention, you are able to live a more authentic life.
That said, the intention cannot be forced -- you cannot set an intention you do not believe in. If done forcefully, the purpose of the intention is ruined.

Setting a daily intention takes a brief minute of my morning. It allows me to set the tone for my mood and to begin each day with a grateful, open heart.

No comments